Sunday, January 06, 2013

Introduction

This is the first post of  this log. I am an oil field worker and plan to write about my experiences. I have been in this job for the last 27 years and as my job is a little unusual I thought it might be interesting for others to read about it. I will remain anonymous, for reasons that some information may be sensitive. Likewise I will not reveal who I work for, or the client oil companies. I generally work on a rotation, meaning that I travel to a rig-site, work for a period of time, usually 3 or 4 weeks at a time and then travel home and spend an equal time at home. The equal time at home is not always equal time depending on how busy my company is. My company is a major international oil-field service company, meaning that we provide drilling related services to the client oil company.

No comments: